Director of Development Operations
Iowa Wesleyan College is seeking a Director of Development Operations. This is a full-time; 12-month position that is responsible for providing operational support for the Division of Development and Alumni Relations and provides executive administrative support for the department Vice President. The Director of Development Operations will develop, update and maintain database reports to support planning and advancement of; The Wesleyan Fund, the Major and Planned Giving programs and Special Initiative or campaign funding. The Director will provide prospect identification, qualification and research functions for the department.
• Management and oversight of efficient and accurate gift processing, donor recordkeeping and the preparation of weekly status reports on pledge receipts and payments for all Development programs.
• Preparation of Dashboard on a monthly basis to track performance and benchmarks. The dashboard will include tracking activity of Major Gifts program, Wesleyan Fund activities and gift income.
• Ensure records are updated with all contact and solicitation report information. Manage donor archives and records, ensuring adherence to institutional, state and federal requirements. Creates process improvements and implements best practices for database, gift processing, coding, and coordination and tracking with the IT Department.
• Develops and processes financial reports for the business office; performs reconciliations with business office as needed. Manages online gift process and associated online vendors.
• Prepare prospect and donor research profiles, pulled from existing records and from research of public information via database subscription and online for all Major gift prospects and donors.
• Oversee prospect identification process, wealth indexing and prospect qualification, utilizing internal resources and subcontractors.
• Oversee accurate acknowledgement, recordkeeping, pledge fulfillment and stewardship processes for all program areas of the department.
• Supervises: Development & Alumni Relations Coordinator
• Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations. Arrange appointments and scheduling, provide written materials and correspondence as requested.
• Calls, arranges and prepares agendas, presentations, materials for Board of Trustee Development Committee meetings, monthly Major Gift Strategy meetings and other meetings and events as directed by the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations.
• Provides stewardship reports and sets annual stewardship calendar.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Communicates IWC’s mission, vision, and values passionately and effectively to all stakeholders; positive attitude
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent technical and database experience (CAMS, Raiser’s Edge or other) word processing and spreadsheet applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
• Experience working in higher education fundraising department preferred
• Ability to coordinate various functions and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork skills
• Ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including evenings and weekends for special events and travel
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Eligible candidates should email letter of application, resume/CV with salary history, 3 professional references with names, titles, and contact information to email@example.com
. No phone calls please; candidates will be contacted if additional information needed. Iowa Wesleyan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.