The history major will graduate with a solid foundation in world and U.S. history, as well as history research. Each will also complete an internship or other field experience to gain practical experience in an area of interest.
Students completing the major in history will:
- demonstrate understanding of the social, cultural, religious, and political forces that have shaped the modern world
- show appreciation for the diversity of human experience across cultures, and its effect upon institutions, values, and behavior
- be able to properly identify, locate, interpret and use research sources for the study of history
- demonstrate the ability to analyze and discuss historical ideas, events, and trends
- apply skills in written communication
A teaching major in Social Science – American History (Grades 5-12) is also available.