The organization of IWC graduates dates back to the 19th century. As early as 1878 there are references to the “annual reception and banquet of the alumni.” Extant records of officers date to 1897. Augustine M. Antrobus, a prominent attorney from Burlington, Iowa, (Class of 1864) served as president at that time. There has been continuous formal organization of the Iowa Wesleyan Alumni Association since that date. The activities of the organization have increased through the years.
Membership in the Alumni Association is automatic. No dues are required to utilize the services offered. Offerings to alumni include address database management and locator service, the alumni magazine The Purple and White, the hosting of off-campus gatherings, and reunions.
The Association is run by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Alumni Director works closely with the Board to implement the activities of the Association.
Alumni may serve the Association by volunteering to become a Class Agent, contributing to the Iowa Wesleyan Fund, assisting in student recruitment or serving on the Alumni Board of Directors.