Iowa Wesleyan College is not merely located in Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa. The College’s existence goes back to the sixteen residents who incorporated the institution in 1842 and the four donors of the 20 acres of prairie that first made up the campus.
A formally organized Henry County Campaign, in various forms, dates back more than 60 years. Sam Ewart ’29 was the first chairman in 1951. The community fundraising campaign for Iowa Wesleyan College is usually kicked off in the fall of the year.