Athletic Hall of Fame Guidelines
On October 7, 2003, the Iowa Wesleyan College Athletic Hall of Fame was created to honor former student athletes, coaches, teams, or others who have significantly impacted or brought special recognition to Iowa Wesleyan College (IWC). Guidelines for selection of inductees into the Athletic Hall of Fame are as follows:
1. Nominees may be living or deceased, and may be an entire IWC intercollegiate sports team as a whole (not as individual members).
2. Nominee must be an alumnus/na or other person (individual or team) who has had a significant impact on or has brought special recognition to athletics at IWC.
3. The Athletic Hall of Fame committee may approve exceptions to nominations.
4. Nominees must be (35) years of age or older, except in extraordinary circumstances.
5. Nominations should be submitted to the Alumni Relations Office, Iowa Wesleyan College , 601 North Main, Mt. Pleasant , IA 52641 by December 31 annually. Previous nominations may be considered for a period of five years along with current nominations.
6. Election of individual inductees and team honorees shall be made by a majority of the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee at the annual meeting in February. Inductees will be recognized at Homecoming in October. A permanent recognition plaque will be placed in the Ruble Arena, and a smaller version will be presented to the inductee or surviving family member.