First-Year Student Admission Requirements
A first year applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered for full admission to Iowa Wesleyan College:
• have a composite score of 19 or above on the ACT or a score of 890 or above on the SAT,
• have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Applicants may be admitted on a conditional basis, subject to review of their performance after one semester at Iowa Wesleyan College, if they meet the following two requirements:
• have a composite score of 17-18 on the ACT or a score of 750-880 on the SAT,
• have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Applicants not meeting the minimum criteria may petition the Admissions Advisory Committee for committee admission. Additional information,including teacher recommendations a personal statement or interview, may be required as part of this process. More information on this process is available from the Office of Admissions.
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
Candidates for transfer admission (having 10 or more semester hours of college) must meet the following guidelines to be considered for admission to Iowa Wesleyan:
• a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better from all previous college work,
• have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in all major and general education courses; activity courses taken as electives, such as choir or weight-lifting, are not to be included in the g.p.a. calculation,
• be in good standing from the previous institution attended.
Also taken into consideration when determining if a transfer student is granted full admission, conditional admission or is required to go before the Admissions Advisory Committee for admission, is the student’s past performance in college core courses and major courses, as well as the overall difficulty of the courses previously taken.
A transfer student who is not granted full or conditional admission may petition the Admissions Advisory Committee for committee admission. Additional information,including faculty recommendations and a personal statement or interview, may be required as part of this process. More information on this process is available from the Office of Admissions.
International Student Admission Requirements
Residents of the United States, its territories, dominions and possessions who are not native speakers of English are also required to demonstrate English proficiency through either the TOEFL Examination or the ELS Level 112.
International students seeking admission to Iowa Wesleyan College should submit official high school or college transcripts translated into English and a TOEFL score report.An English-speaking student may submit an ACT or SAT in place of the TOEFL. In order to be considered for admission, an international student must show English proficiency with a minimum score of 500 on the TOEFL, or have completed level 112 from any English Language Service center. The EIKEN STEP test is also permitted in place of the TOEFL for students from Japan.