At Iowa Wesleyan College you’ll learn in small class setting, meet amazing new friends, discover career options, share your talents and explore your interests in new and exciting ways. When you graduate from Iowa Wesleyan College, you’ll be connected to a future filled with possibilities.
A first-year student applying to Iowa Wesleyan College must submit the following materials to the Office of Admission:
- A completed application for admission
- An official high school transcript—which much include cumulative grade point average and class rank, when available
- Official score reports of either the ACT or SAT I exam
A first-year applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered for full admission to Iowa Wesleyan College:
- have a minimum composite score of 19 on the ACT or a score of 890 on the SAT
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Applicants may be admitted on a conditional basis, subject to review of their performance after one semester at Iowa Wesleyan College, if they meet the following two criteria:
- have a composite score of 17-18 on the ACT or score of 750-880 on the SAT
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
Applicants not meeting the minimum criteria may petition the Faculty Admissions Committee for committee admission. Additional information, including counselor recommendations, a personal statement or interview may be required as part of this process.
HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
Students who are home schooled seeking admission to Iowa Wesleyan College must submit appropriate documentation of high school or college-level course work completed. This coursework must be equivalent of a high school diploma. Home schooled student must also submit official results of either the ACT or SAT I exams.
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID
Last year, 100% of new first-year students received financial assistance from Iowa Wesleyan College. Academic merit, competition, art and music scholarships are available to qualified students. Visit the New Student Scholarships page for the latest information on scholarship and grant opportunities available to you.