STEP1 - COMPLETION OF INTEREST FORM
- Make appointment with Field Experience Director to receive Divisional Folder. Interest and Agreement forms are discussed in detail at this meeting.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to:
- check progress toward degree
- determine type and timing of Field Experience best suited for student
- consider potential placement environments
- review and sign Interest Form
- discuss Interest Form to ensure applicability to your major
- consider potential placement environment best suited for student
STEP 2 - CONSTRUCTION OF RESUME
- Prepare Resume.
- Career Development Center (Hershey Hall) will assist or contact your advisor or Field Experience Liaison.
- Submit copy of resume to Field Experience Office.
STEP 3 - ARRANGEMENT OF SITE INTRODUCTION/INTERVIEW
- Contact possible/desired site for Field Experience.
- Arrange an introduction/interview.
- Provide resume and schedule interview (if requested by site).
- Note: Students may not carry out Field Experience projects which entail working directly with or for family members, including, but not limited to, parents, siblings, in-laws, spouses, fiancé’s, or other students who have not yet completed their Iowa Wesleyan College Field Experience.
STEP 4 - COMPLETION OF FIELD EXPERIENCE AGREEMENT
- Complete Field Experience Agreement Form including:
- attain Title for intern position from site
- attain name of Site Supervisor
- attain description of duties and responsibilities from site
HOURS MAY NOT BE WORKED TOWARD YOUR FIELD EXPERIENCE TOTAL UNTIL THE AGREEMENT, SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES, HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY THE FIELD EXPERIENCE OFFICE ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINES. NO HOURS WORKED PRIOR TO OFFICIAL APPROVAL BY THIS OFFICE WILL BE COUNTED.
STEP 5 - REGISTRATION FOR FIELD EXPERIENCE
- When Field Experience Agreement form completed and signed by all parties, return form to Field Experience Office.
- Field Experience Office will then send notice of registration to registrar.
STEP 6 - SIGN LIABILITY WAIVER
- Return signed waiver to Field Experience office.