Before arranging any internship, you must meet with Mr. Shull. He will be sure you have the proper paperwork and explain the process in getting them completed and signed by the advisor and liason.
BURLINGTON BEES INTERN
2012 SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
As an intern with the Burlington Bees, you will actively be a part of the many facets of running a minor league baseball organization. Primary responsibilities include coordinating in-game promotions, providing first-rate customer service, maintaining a clean facility that is fan-friendly, marketing the team around town and in surrounding communities, and looking for ways to improve our operations.
Start in mid-May and end in August or September (start and finish dates are flexible).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Your housing, cable television, and all utilities are paid for, and you have access to free membership of the YMCA/YWCA, as well as free rounds of golf. The team provides a free meal each home game.
ABOUT THE BEES
The Bees play in Burlington (pop. 27,000), one of the smallest towns in North America to field a full-season minor league ball club. The Bees have a proud tradition: More than 20 big league all-stars have played for Burlington, including Billy Williams, Vida Blue, Paul Molitor, Larry Walker, Javy Lopez, Mark Buehrle, and Kenny Rogers.
In 2005, we ushered in a new era of Bees baseball when we opened the gates to our newly renovated ballpark. As a community-owned, not-for-profit organization, we count highly on our interns to be valuable contributors to a small front-office staff.
Do you have what it takes to be a Burlington Bees intern?
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
The Bees have the following internships available for the 2012 season:
Tickets, Groups, & Merchandising Internships
- Maintain and organize ticket office and souvenir store
- Set up and facilitate all group outings while providing first-class customer service
- Oversee Community Weekend ticket sales drive: sell reduced-cost tickets to area businesses.
- Help in the office and around the ballpark as needed
Marketing & Promotions Internship
- Organize and execute nightly promotions and theme nights, with the goal of a fun experience for our fans.
- Select and order each game's on-field contest lineup and prizes, and execute promotions with enthusiasm.
- Promote upcoming events by designing marketing materials and placing them around the ballpark and in high-traffic areas in the community.
- Look for new marketing, promotional, and community-relations opportunities for the Bees, including ways the team can build brand awareness and make meaningful connections with fans.
- Coordinate the public-address script for each home game, making appropriate changes to include pertinent announcements and sponsorships.
- Before home games, help organize any pre-game ceremonies, national-anthem performances, and the "Baseball Buddies" program.
- Maintain a clean facility that reflects well on the organization.
- Help in the set-up and organization for special needs and events.
- Provide first-rate customer service, including setting up, cleaning after, and serving group outings and birthday parties, assisting fans during the game, and thanking them for coming as they leave.
- During home games, seek areas that need help, including but not limited to concessions, souvenirs, ticket operations, the press box, and crowd control.
- Lend a helping hand to the head groundskeeper as needed, especially during tarp pulls, removal of batting-practice screens, and fifth-inning infield drag.
The groundskeeper will be involved in: mowing, fertilizing, aeration, field set up, mound and plate repair, infield skin maintenance, irrigation work, equipment maintenance, and other duties assigned. This person must be interested in turn.
CAMBRIDGE SUMMER INTERN
Cambridge is one of the nation’s leading independent broker-dealers. We are dedicated to offering unbiased investment advice for our rep-advisors to use with their clients.
At Cambridge, we think life should be enjoyed and that the success of our relationship should be measured not only by our mutual prosperity, but also by how enjoyable it is for us to work together. Our values are truly important to us and are a major reason why we have been able to maintain our small-firm, family culture even as we have grown and gained national prominence. We are proud that independent financial professionals who share our values of integrity, commitment, flexibility and kindness choose Cambridge.
Our Summer Internship Program
Our summer internship program is a unique opportunity for college students to gain first-hand knowledge and experience working in the financial industry. Cambridge offers a broad spectrum of opportunities beyond the financial world that will exceed practical experience and enhance your college studies.
This internship is a full-time, 10-week paid program that typically runs from June-August.
Visit our careers page at www.joincambridge.com/careers to apply for one of our many 2011 Cambridge Summer Internship opportunities listed below.
Accounting Analyst Intern
The Accounting Department offers a great opportunity that lets an intern experience the functions of an accounting department in the back office of a broker-dealer. The Accounting Analyst Intern will be involved in various areas throughout the department including some non-conventional accounting and auditing tasks. Ideal candidates will have completed intermediate-level accounting courses or above.
Ideal academic focus: Accounting, Economics, Business Management or similar majors
Advisor Services Intern
Join the Advisor Services team to gain exposure in a variety of areas in the financial industry including data entry, report generation, out bound calling campaigns and field office visits. This internship will offer wide exposure in the Advisor Services department. Great communication skills and an ability to travel on minimum 2-day trips is essential.
Ideal focus: Communications, Public Relations, Business, Management, Finance or similar majors
Advisor Services Technology Services Intern
Join the Advisor Services team to gain exposure with Cambridge Logistics Information Center (CLIC) enrollment and manage the process of completing a usage audit. This is a great opportunity to gain financial industry experience, as well as interact with Cambridge’s rep-advisor clients to learn about their financial practices. Communication skills are essential to this internship. Ideal focus: Public Relations, Communications, Finance, Business management or similar majors
The Compliance department offers a unique opportunity that will introduce a student Intern to a broad range of financial industry concepts and ideas. Specifically, the Compliance Intern will work with the Disclosure & Dispute Resolution Team and be exposed to different account and product types, as well as commission and fee structures. This exposure to areas within Compliance will give Interns an industry career path adding value immediately should they choose to work in the financial services industry.
Ideal focus: Law, Finance, Political Science or similar majors
Due Diligence Intern
A unique finance opportunity for anyone interested in REITs, BDCs, hedge funds, private equity funds, managed futures, and other alternative investments. This experience is sure to be a resume highlight from the knowledge gained on alternative investments that are often not taught in a classroom.
Ideal focus: Finance, Business, or similar majors
Human Resources Intern
Build on classroom learning with this great internship opportunity in the Human Resources department. Not only will the Human Resources Intern own a project involving the enhancement of employee engagement at Cambridge, but the Intern will also have the opportunity to attend workshops and see first-hand recruiting efforts. through research and implementation of projects.
Ideal focus: Human Resources, Business, or similar majors
Information Technology (IT) Intern
Wondering what a career in IT would be like? This entry level internship is a great experience for a student after their first or second year of school. It will allow a student to gain hands-on experience working within an IT Department in a growing company. An intern will reformat computers and install new operating systems and while being mentored by experienced IT professionals.
Ideal focus: Computer Science, Software Development or similar majors
The Legal/Risk Department offers a unique opportunity to research and analyze state and federal laws and self-regulatory organization rules. Ideal intern candidates would be interested in attending law school, or interested in topics such as compliance, regulation, risk assessment or due diligence. A student can utilize this internship to improve understanding of securities and the financial services industry and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Ideal focus: Law, political science, finance, management, economics, banking, or similar majors
The Marketing Intern will be exposed to a variety of different areas including conference and event planning that will help the intern learn how to market to different audiences including Cambridge advisors, recruits and wholesales. This experience will allow the Marketing Intern to gain knowledge in tailoring messages to fit different audiences using numerous mediums to meet those audiences including social media networks.
Ideal focus: Business, Communications, Marketing, or similar majors
This intern will gain valuable experience working in the Operations department at a broker-dealer. The Operations intern will serve as the liaison between our brokerage and direct operations teams. They will also get hands-on experience managing account paperwork, setting up new accounts, and researching held commissions and trade errors. This experience is great for a student interested in the financial industry.
Ideal focus: Finance, Management, Business or similar majors
Operations Development and Technology Intern
The Operations Development and Technology (ODAT) internship will involve reviewing business done within the various Operations departments and reporting the accuracy levels. There will be an opportunity to gain a valuable understanding of how specific operational roles contribute to the functioning of that department, while also analyzing production, and being mindful of potential improvements to this ongoing process. This process requires the ability to be detail oriented, organized, focused, and adaptable with good analysis skills.
Ideal academic focus: Computer Science, Finance, Econ or similar majors
Partner Support Intern
The Partner Support Department internship will give interns the opportunity to help access the quality and timeliness of Partner Support response. They will follow-up on service requests and gather feedback from Cambridge’s rep-advisor clients. The intern will also gain insight into a “day in the life” a Partner Support Center (PSC) representative, as well as gain exposure to the entire operations of the Partner Support Team.
Ideal focus: Business, Management, Communications, or similar majors
Project Management Intern
Gain experience turning an idea into a project by getting real world project management advice from various project managers at Cambridge. Join the Partner Support team in an essential role of creating meeting plans, getting hands-on experience of project set-up and exposure to many high-level projects throughout the company.
Ideal focus: Business Management or similar majors>
Public Relations & Creative Marketing Intern
Join the Public Relations and Creative Marketing team to develop creative content in many new and exciting areas including, Cambridge’s social media outlets, promotional campaigns, and marketing collateral. In addition, support the continued build- out of internal communications including advisor-facing Public Relations offerings.
Ideal focus: Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or similar majors
Software Development Intern
Join the IS team with the development of a software tracking system for licenses and vendor benefits. Gain valuable experience working with real-life programming and software development in C# and ASP.Net.
Ideal focus: Computer Science or similar majors
Partner Support Technology Intern
Ideal academic focus: Computer Science or similar majors
Cambridge Investment Research Inc.
1776 Pleasant Plain Road
Fairfield, Iowa 52556 (P) 641-472-5100
Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a broker-dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and investment advisory services offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser. Both are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Cambridge Investment Group, Inc.
MODINE OPERATIONS INTERN
Position Title: Operations Management Internship
Date Prepared: 2/19/2013
Reports to: Plant Superintendent
Position Description: The position’s primary objective is managing the complete operation of a production line, including safety, quality, training and meeting production goals.
- Assigning employees and moving them to jobs as required by model changes, transfers and assembly operations
- Supporting plant objectives by meeting quality standards and supervising department personnel to maintain a clean work environment
- Maintaining Modine and OSHA safety standards and departmental hazardous material regulations
- Training production employees
- Contacting the appropriate departments for acquisition of components needed to complete operation
- Following up on work orders to minimize downtime
- Must have experience with use of personal computer and commercial software (MS Office).
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Capable of independent judgment
- Pursuing a degree in Operations Management, Business, Engineering or Industrial Technology
- No travel anticipated.
The intern will be scheduled to work 1st shift hours (7AM-3:30PM).
$14/hr for sophomore status
$16/hr for junior status
$18/hr for senior status
Staats Custom Awards
E.G. Staats & Co., Inc.
An intern focused on Marketing would be involved in the following activities:
- Assist in implementation of marketing plans for all areas of the company
- Assist in implementation of individual marketing campaigns for all areas of the company
- Assist in the creation of advertisements, displays, catalogs, and related promotional material
- Assist in implementation of direct mail campaigns
- Perform market research and development to find new products, new markets, new processes, and new suppliers geared to improve the company
- Monitor and maintain website content, including updating product images, descriptions, pricing, and related information
- Manage social media networking activities and conduct e-marketing activities
- Participate in marketing meetings to share new marketing ideas
- Survey and communicate with old customers to determine why we have lost them and how to get them back.
- Survey and communicate with existing customers to find out where we fall short of their needs, and where we exceed expectations
An intern interested in Business Administration would be involved in the marketing activities above, and would have some activities listed below mixed in as well:
- Assist the General Manager with various management related duties
- Implement and monitor a community involvement/volunteer program for employees
- Production scheduling
- Assist in creation of annual business operation plans and budgets
- Seek out ideas for improved efficiency and cost control
- Participate in staff meetings
- Calculate bids for large customer orders
- Continually monitor company financial status and examine monthly financial reports
- Participate in employee performance evaluation process and employee recognition programs
- Track employee attendance
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ORGANIATION, VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT www.staatsawards.com
PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP
Principal Real Estate Investors is offering an excellent opportunity for students interested in commercial real estate investments. This paid co-op is a full time position from Mid-May 2013 through Early to Mid-January. During the co-op, students will work in Commercial Mortgage Underwriting, Commercial Acquisitions & Dispositions, Asset Management, Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS), or Equity Portfolio Management. Responsibilities will include researching potential investments, consolidating investment information and reporting on current investment portfolios.
All applicants must be available to work in Des Moines, Iowa full-time from Mid-May 2013 through December/early January.
Applicants must be pursuing a bachelor's degree in a field related to real estate, finance, accounting, or economics. Ideal applicants will have exposure to commercial real estate concepts through intermediate level class work, student organization involvement or internship/employment experiences. Communication and leadership skills, demonstrated through formal positions in student organizations or employment experiences, are strongly preferred. Attention to detail and a results orientation, demonstrated through a 3.0 GPA or better, is also preferred.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
This position is intended to groom potential applicants for full-time roles at The Principal. These positions are not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization, therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
PGI Compliance Verbiage:
You will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers personal trading activities for you and members of your household.
VAN BUREN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY