Iowa Wesleyan College welcomes students from around the world. The College seeks to achieve a diverse student population that will provide a global education for both American and international students. International students must complete the International Application for Undergraduate Admission.
In addition to Iowa Wesleyan’s strong academic program, you are invited to become involved in a variety of campus organizations, such as the International Club. You are also permitted to apply to work on campus to earn extra money. Whether you are involved in academics, student activities, or campus employment; Iowa Wesleyan students and staff are friendly and will lend support as you become familiar with your college.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & GUIDELINES
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission.
- Each student should submit official high school or college transcripts from institutions attended. Official transcripts may be mailed to:
Iowa Wesleyan College
Office of Admissions
601 North Main Street
Mount Pleasant, IA 52641-1579
- Iowa Wesleyan College requires a minimum score of 500 on the paper-based TOEFL or 61 on the Internet-based TOEFL to demonstrate English proficiency. An English-speaking student may submit an ACT or SAT in place of the TOEFL. The EIKEN STEP test is also permitted in place of the TOEFL for students from Japan.
- Residents of the United States, its territories, dominions and possessions who are not native speakers of English are also required to demonstrate English proficiency through either the TOEFL Examination or the ELS Level 112.
- To comply with U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) regulations, it is a requirement for international students to submit documented evidence of financial support for their educational expenses. The admission decision is not related to the receipt of the certificate or proof of adequate financial resources. An immigration document (I-20) will not be issued for a student visa until the resources are verified and adequate. The Certificate of Finance form must be signed and sealed by the sponsor’s bank. The bank may wish to attach an original letter which states clearly the sponsor’s resources on its official stationary. This documentation must not be photocopied. Students sponsored by governments or organizations must provide an original letter on official stationary showing the amount of the grant.
- Students applying for financial assistance from Iowa Wesleyan College must submit the Certificate of Finance form. This form will enable the College to determine the amount of financial aid it can award.
- Upon deciding to attend Iowa Wesleyan College, students are required to submit a $100 USD enrollment deposit/SEVIS process fee to show your commitment to attend and to reserve housing. The deposit can also be paid by check, money order, or over the telephone with a credit card (Visa, Master Card or Discover).
- When the college receives the $100 USD enrollment deposit, an I-20 will be issued.
- Information concerning housing arrangements and necessary items to bring to college will be sent at a later date.
- All international students are requested to submit a working e-mail address for communication between you and Iowa Wesleyan College.
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Iowa Wesleyan College awards scholarships to international students based upon their academic merit. Calculate your scholarship by visiting the online scholarship calculator. Students applying for financial assistance from Iowa Wesleyan College must submit the Certificate of Finance form. This form will enable the College to determine the amount of financial aid it can award.
New student orientation will begin on Wednesday, August 14, 2013. International students should plan to arrive on campus no later than Tuesday, August 13, 2013. Please visit the Accepted Student page for the most up-to-date information.
Iowa Wesleyan College recommends all students be covered under a health insurance plan that will cover the student’s illness or injury in the southeast Iowa area. All international students are required to have health insurance coverage. All students are responsible for any health care costs incurred that are not covered by insurance. Please contact the Iowa Wesleyan College Human Resource Office if you need assistance locating an agent who may have plans available tailored for student coverage.
Please contact us if you have any questions about credit transfers or completing the admissions procedure.
In accordance with the recommendation by the American College Health Association, all students born after 1956, first-year or transfer, entering Iowa Wesleyan College must provide a written confirmation from their family physician that the student has the following (prior to enrolling or moving into the residence halls):
- Immunization Records
- Proof and date of having had measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) or
- Documentation of immunization for MMR after 1980 or
- Written recommendation from your physician that you should not receive the MMR immunization at this time.
Residential students must submit their immunization records and TB skin test results prior to moving onto campus. Students not submitting records will not be allowed to move into campus housing.